Guide to opening up a business in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is one of the main investment areas today. One of the main reasons behind this is its locations and accessibility. It is located at the heart of Asia making all other Asian markets accessible. There are some simple steps that one might opt to follow in order to start a Hong Kong business. These steps aim at simplifying the process of business opening in Hong Kong. When it comes to opening any business, time and affordability are the main factors that should be considered. With these steps you will be able to save time and save some money for the process to be successfully completed.
The steps to take include;
1. Type of business- Make a decision on the type of business that you want to open. Ensure that you take a look at market and find out if the business you intend to open will be successful. This will also guide you on the best area to open up the business.
2. Get all the necessary documents- research online and find out all the necessary documents that will be required in order to open up the business. Make several copies of these documents so as to have them ready when required. This information is readily available on the government website.
3. Choose the best method of opening the business- there are mainly two ways of opening up a business in the region. You can either opt to start up the company from scratch or buy a shelf company. A shelf company is an already registered company that is for sale. The benefit of shelf companies compared to new companies is faster registration procedures. Ensure that you research on the benefits and disadvantages of both processes before choosing any specific method.
4. Find a business consultant- a local business consultant will be able to provide you with all the necessary consultation services to hasten the process. This is also one of the best methods of avoiding scams.
5. Choose a name- choose a name that greatly describes the intended business. Even in the case that you opt to buy a shelf company, it is advisable to change the company name once the whole process is complete.
6. Start the opening process- once you are able to follow all the above steps, you will be readily equipped to start the process with ease. This should be done as fast as possible in order to avoid time wastage.